Sock Wash - January 21, 2018
Click the photos to see larger photos
The Chapter gathered at Bill in Berryville's massive and well-equipped shop for our annual Sock Wash. The projects this year were:
- Tony's Indian 841 wouldn't start
- Rollo's Panhead toolbox cracked between the bolt holes
- George's Model 165 needed the cylinder reinstalled
- Dave's rechromed timer cover no longer fit on the timer
- Dave's KH cylinders needed the valves refaced
Bill Lackman, Laundromat Proprietor
The Washers of Socks were: Justin Fulcher, Bob Nicholas, Tom “Rollo” Hardy, Mike Mueller, Tony Greenfield, Craig Williams, Juan Sakata, Joe Earman, Don Hollis and Sue Greer, Tom Wilson, Matt Pauly, Adam Chichon and Tammy Frederickson, George Ogden, Eric Chiapponi, Bill Lackman, Dave Hennessey,
and prospective new member Michael Coy.
The Patient Arrives Via Medevac
Bill Preps The Infernal Machine
Dave Follows The Directions
Wuss Always Polishes Something
Craig Devours a Doughnut
Eric, Tony, and “Sparky”
Sue and Tammy Are Amused
Tom and George Re-Cylinder
Wuss and Bill Fix KH Timer
Joe Listens to Adam
Juan Grinds KH Valves
Eric's In The Center
Matt, Bob, Sue, and Don
Tony and Matt
Tony Reaches Wobegon
Justin's Blue Glow
Dang, I Done Fixed It
The Good News
- Tony's Indian 841 ignition switch was fixed, and the bike is now running.
- Rollo's toolbox crack was fixed and is ready for paint.
- George's Model 165 engine is back together, and soon will be back in the bike.
- Dave's rechromed timer cover now fits nicely on the timer.
The Bad News
- Dave's KH - after refacing the valves and lapping the seats, a crack was discovered between a valve pocket and the piston bore in one cylinder.
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Wuss Bites A Wiener
Good Friends, Good Roads, Iron Steeds