|Subject:||RE: January Meeting & Sock Wash (Bike Stand Project)||Date:||Mon Jan 13 16:59:38 2014|
We're planning on a little project for the sock wash attendees. George Downes agreed to help the group put together some frame-lift bike stands. A home-made stand came with my Panhead. Wuss thought it was a pretty good design and suggested that Highlands members build some for their garages.
I've just ordered enough piping to make 8 stands. (The material costs look like they will run less $20 per stand).
You will be able to test welding and assembly skills under George's tutelage. We hope to have some of the parts pre-cut so we can jump right into the project when we arrive at New Baltimore Garage.
Dave, George and I met last Saturday to go over several designs. I met with Rollo and Wuss on Sunday and kicked around some more ideas. We think we now have a pretty good plan for the stands
George and I will try to mock up one of the stands on Saturday in preparation for the Sock Wash project.
Hope to see everybody at Georges on Sunday.
----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
January Meeting - Sunday, January 19th
Breakfast & Business: Denny's in Warrenton 10:00 to 11:30
Topic A - Calendar Committee
(1) monthly meeting plans for January through June
Topic B - Treasurer's Report
(1) 2013 Report
(2) Highlands Chapter now running as a for-profit corporation
(3) Collect dues from members at meeting, arrange to mail renewal letters to others
Topic C - Annual Road Run planning
(0) Conscript RR Planning Committee members
(1) Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Va (Old Rag Mountain)
(2) Smoke Hole Resort
(3) Write-in candidates
Topic D - suggestions from the floor
Sock Wash: New Baltimore Garage, 11:30 - 3:30
Motorcycle Maintenance Projects:
2) Henderson engine removal. A posse of strong backs will be dispatched to Dave H's home 2 miles away. Hengine removal is expected to take about 15 minutes.
Lunch: Pizza delivery and Grease Monkey Pale Ale on tap.