From:Tom (Rollo) Hardy
Subject:RE: RE: RE: RE: Big Chicken Ride - WEATHER NOT COOPERATING Date:Fri May 4 09:07:18 2018
Response to:1422
My vote would be to postpone until the 20th.Weather may or may not get better. Not sure if I'm going to Denton or not but don't let my choices influence the final decision.

The weather looks like it will not cooperate this Sunday. May is tough scheduling. Sunday May 13 is Mother's Day. Sunday May 20 is the Denton swap meet. Sunday May 27 is Memorial Day weekend.

How many people are going to Denton ??? Raise your hands!


a) Continue with breakfast on Sunday, even if it means driving cars. Schedule a different ride on Sunday May 20.

b) Postpone both breakfast and ride to Sunday May 20.

c) Something else

Please voice your opinion ASAP.


Oh yeah, it's THIS SUNDAY, May 6.

Pine Grove Restaurant, 574 Pine Grove Rd, Bluemont, VA 20135

We usually just meet at the Big Chicken at 10am, since people come from all over - some people might take Route 7, others Rt 50. Me, I'll probably swing by Mt. Weather and check out the breakfast menu there.

After breakfast, we'll ride somewhere. I don't know what Bill has planned for us, but a nice way towards home is always Snickersville Turnpike to Aldie & Gilbert's Corner.

If we do that, the more enterprising of us can scout the Swimming Shortcut - it's too early in the year for fording, but you'll know what you're in for later this summer... The fancy-pants bikes can grab a coke at the Philomont Store instead.

What time and where is the meet up for the Big Chicken ride on sunday??

Tammy :)