From:Dave Hennessey
Subject:Plastic Material Needs Identified Date:Fri Jan 27 10:11:44 2017

For my 1954 KH, I need a pair of these shock covers, but they will never be seen under the stainless steel covers. The material looks like vinyl, but it's a heavier plastic material.

Any ideas on what the material might be? It's 1/16 thick.

The 1952-1953 Ks used these by themselves. In 1954, the chrome covers were an accessory, and everybody bought them. The plastic covers were still used, but now the function is only to keep the stainless covers from rattling on the springs. So I'd like to find a less expensive alternative.

Any ideas?