From:Tom (Rollo) Hardy e-mail:tomhardy51-A-cox.net
Subject:RE: RE: RE: RE: Elkin Road Run rooms (FRIDAY RIDE?) Date:Tue Jun 14 08:22:41 2016
Response to:1132
All,

I get my weather from weather .com which is the weather channels web site and it is still 90% for Friday.
Bob you have to choose what works for you but it sounds like weather is not going to cooperate but until we are there who knows. Don see you and Sue when ever you get there but try phoning if you want to catch up with us along the way of whatever we are doing.

Sat and Sun look great but again who knows what will actually happen. As said I still plan on going up on Thurs arriving sometime in the afternoon and getting situated. We can discuss options at breakfast Fri. morning. I'm sure we can come up with alternatives to do if we are unable to ride.

PS: Phone service sucks in the mountains so be patient if you are trying to reach someone's cell phone.

Rollo

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
Gents,

WeatherUnderground Elkins, WV is also calling for 90-95% chance of rain on Friday. (From 4AM to 4PM).

However,Saturday and Sunday look like really nice sunny days.

From my personal prospective, riding Saturday and (then a short ride) on Sunday would be OK with me. Dana was only able to get Friday off from work, so that's when she could travel up to Elkins.

If we are not riding on Friday, then Dana and I could travel together, showing up sometime mid-day on Friday.

Otherwise, I'd drive up on Thursday and she would drive up separately on Friday.

If we decide that Friday is a wash-out, I'd like to cancel my room for Thursday night. I believe we need at least 24 hours notice to make the change.

Bike Ride on Friday or Not? I think there are only 5 or 6 riders for this year's Chapter Road Run, so coming to a consensus shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
All who are going to the Road Run in Elkins,

In looking at the advanced weather forecast it looks like Friday may be a wash out with 90% chance of rain. I am still going up on Thurs. but will see what the weather actually does on Fri. We may need to come up with a alternate plan for a rain out Friday. Any ideas?

Saturday and Sunday on the other hand look spectacular with 0% chance of rain. Maybe the best plan is one of the longer rides on Saturday and see if we can do a shorter ride on Sunday and still get back home at a reasonable hour. Since it is a small group deciding should be easier. Thoughts?

Sorry this isn't turning out as at least I had envisioned but those that do attend will have some good stories to tell!
See ya there!

Rollo

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
I made my reservations for Elkins this morning.

If you are planning to go on this FUN outing with us*, you MUST make your reservations THIS WEEKEND - before Rollo releases the reserved rooms on Monday.

For the open market, they are booked up totally on Saturday night. But if you mention the ANTIQUE MOTORCYCLE CLUB, Rollo's reservations will get you a bed.

Details here:
http://www.highlandschapteramca.com/what-we-do/index.html



We look forward to riding around Wild, Wonderful with you!


*us = Bob, Don, Tom, Mike, Tony, Dave, and George in the motor home




----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
I am going to call them Monday to release the hold on any un- booked rooms at the Isaac Jackson Hotel in Elkins. That is the 30 day cut off period so we don't get charged for the rooms.

Rollo